Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2007

PACKING & PACKING & MORE PACKING!!!!

HAPPY WEDDING LAURA & QUINN!!!!!!

I wanted to say to one of my best friends since we were 12 years old-- Happy Marriage Lo!!!!! I am soooo happy for you and I know you and Quinn will be happy for years to come. (Laura- Lo - is the one in the red and Laila is her twin sister with her daughter Ava (slated to be Mia's best friend) - Lai and Lo and I have been best friends for 23 years-- WOW!!!)


THE PACKING FRENZY!!!!!


We are in the midst of the packing frenzy. I have reviewed numerous different packing lists and picked the things I need to buy. I have shopped and shopped and shopped over the past number of days and I think I have bought most of the essentials that are odd. I have got all the baby med stuff and diaper bag stuff and prescription med stuff for Mia and all the baby things. I have got all Kev and my meds and extra stuff and all the strange things we are not use to. I have compiled most of these items on the floor of Mia's room and am ready to start packing.

First I am packing Mia's stuff. My goal is to have her packed by tomorrow night. After that I will start packing my stuff. I am sure there will be a ton of last minute trips to Target before we are all packed but I think I have been thorough and covered most essential items.


Also, I am posting a couple of pictures of my necklace I got from Brighton. It is their Bali Sterling Silver Collection and I have got a lot of comments on it and people have told me I should show other adoptive moms. So, here is my necklace. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!! I wear it all the time and I love when people ask who the baby in the picture is--- Well it's my Mia waiting for us in China-- I love being able to say that :)



Anyway, that's all for now.

Christy :)

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited!!!! The day is coming so quickly and I'm really feeling your excitement!!! I love the necklace. What a beautiful idea. I might just have to get one.

    Well, I know you're busy getting ready but I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and cannot wait until I see the pictures of you and Kevin holding Mia. I have goosebumps just thinking about it.

    Blessings to you and your family, and take care.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris!! We are in nyc enjoying the city. Haven't had much downtime yet. I saw the cutest little Asian doll at FAO Schwartz that I so wanted to get for Mia. She was very lifelike and was darling. I think she was probably too heavy for Mia at this age though. Call or write me soon! Told Lo about the blog post - she looked at it and thought it was so sweet. We miss you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Christy and Kevin,

    Talked with Bruce and Annette last night and they told us the good news and sent your web site. We are so happy and excited for you and for sweet, precious Mia. Her picture is so adorable. How God has blessed all of you! Our hearts and prayers are with you. Can't wait to meet your dear little girl.
    Love, Kris and Rick Wiggenhorn

    ReplyDelete