Thanks to our amazing new friends who are volunteers in Finley's orphanage, we were able to get an update with a bunch of pictures in record time!!!! We are so thrilled with this level of communication and again, we feel like we won the lottery!!!
We sent many questions to the director of the SWI and received great information in response.
Here are the questions and responses-- we cant believe how perfect this is!
1. Has Haoyi had any additional surgeries since her original surgery in 10-07? If so, what surgery?
2. Has Haoyi had an updated MRI since the last one in May 08? If so, can we get the results?
3. Does Haoyi have control of her bowels and urinary function (potty trained or incontinent)?
Yes, she can and she has been potty trained. (This is huge as Spina Bifida kids this is a big unknown and to know she is potty trained, we just cant believe it!)
4. Does Haoyi have adequate leg strength in compared to her same age peers?
Yes, she does. Normal growth.
5. Can she run, jump and walk up stairs at the same level of her peers?
Yes, she can run, jump and walk up stairs just like her peers. (Again, big deal with SB kids. Shows her lower extremities are not affected-- totally big deal)
6. Has her condition diminished or progressed negatively from her report in June 2009?
She has been doing good, and normal growth. (Also a big deal as SB kids can diminish if they have a thing called "tethered cord" which it sounds like she does not)
7. Is her intellectual development progressing well?
Yes good intelligence.
8. Is Haoyi’s language progressing well in compared to her peers? In the report dated June 2009 it indicated her language was limited. Is her language now at a low, average or high level as compared to her age peers?
It’s true that her language was limited then because there was little communication at the orphanage and the kids here usually have a later start in the development of language. But now she can basically express herself and communicate with others. She can say sentences of 2 or 3 words. Compared with her peers, her language level is average. (guess were going to be learning Mandarin:)
We are thrilled!!!!! She really is the best case scenario for an SB kid. We just cant believe this and want to get her NOW!!!!!
So, now for the updated pictures!! She is precious and has the most beautiful eyes and lips-- I just love them! Kind of sad they cut her hair but we will let it grow and she looks beautiful no matter what!! She is now 2.7 years old and she looks bigger than Mia who is 3.7. That is what she looks like in pictures, but when you actually see her in person, often they are smaller than they look in photos.
This was a couple months ago before they cut her hair
Taken just a few days ago after they cut her hair
So adorable!!! Looks like she is spinning or something like that!
Love her eyes in this picture!! They are so big and beautiful!!
Nice outfit and love the pouty lips!
Again, we cant be happier and to get this kind of information on our daughter is so rare-- we feel so blessed!!!
I'm going to send a care package this week and we will hopefully get pictures from that. I will keep all of you informed.
We need to get our immigration paperwork in this week so pray for things to go smooth and that the process will be FAST!!! We want our girl!!!!