Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Thanks and Arrowhead

Guys, I totally want to thank you for your support regarding my last post. It really means so much to me that there are so many that support me and just made me feel better. This whole thing has really got me down so thank you so much for allowing me to vent but also for sharing your words of encouragement. It means so much to me.


Onto Arrowhead. I wanted to post these pictures of Arrowhead this weekend. My cousin Margie and her family came up and spent the night and it was a great time!!


Mia totally got into the snow this time. She loved it. The first day was sunny and bright. The next day it was totally snowing and cold.


This was the second day when it was crazy snowing. You can see the snow coming down in this picture of Ethan.


This collage is of Kevin shoveling snow off the deck-- check out the ice cycles and of my boys on the left and Margie's boys Austin and Zac on the right.


Owen loved the sledding. It was so funny to watch them sled. Kevin built them these huge jumps and they would totally get air. They just loved it!!!



Ethan is in midair in this picture-- totally cool pic!!



Mia from day 2-- loved the snow!

I have so many more pictures to post from other things that I have taken pictures of over the last week. I have some cute ones of Mia by our fountain and some of the boys hockey game. I will get those posted soon.

By the way-- loving American Idol and all three of the people who made it tonight I totally knew would. They were my favorite 3 from last night-- love the roughneck and Danny (the one who lost his wife) is awesome and the girl that got through has a great voice and just has that thing that will get her far. Anyway, loving IDOL!!!!


On the American Idol issue, I just read this on my friend Debbie's blog. Hannah has been basically in and out of the hospital with Aplastic Anemia since Thanksgiving. Hannah has had a few rare complications with the treatment and has not been able to eat for a couple weeks and she is really down right now. Please read this and if anyone thinks they can help, please go to Debbie's blog here. Thanks and here is the post from Debbie's blog.

Do You Know ANOOP from American Idol, Season 8?
So, we watched American Idol last night at the hospital & Hannah's absolute favorite contestant is the young man from North Carolina, Anoop. So, I was thinking ... do you know Anoop? Or do you have any connections with the folks at American Idol? If so, could you do me a HUGE favor & see if Anoop would make the drive from Hollywood to Fontana to meet miss Hannah?!?!? After 2 weeks with no food & 11 weeks in & out of the hospital, I think Hannah certainly deserves a big time emotional "pick me up". Wouldn't that be cool for Anoop to show up & surprise Hannah & sing her a song?I really think it could happen for Hannah ... so think, who do you know that might know Hannah's favorite Amerian Idol contestant, Anoop!?!

9 comments:

  1. Love the snow pictures.. the icicles are AMAZING.. how fun...
    Sounds like a great time..
    As for AI.. LOVE IT.. great kids this time..
    And I sooo hope that someone can get Anoop over to see Hannah.. I read about her all the time..
    As for you..
    You are AMAZING.. don't let anyone tell you different..
    Hugs..
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures in the snow! Isn't it so much fun to play in the snow! Much more fun when, like you, its only for a few days! :)

    I didn't get to comment yesterday. With the kids all home I ran out of time! I know none of us are perfect and yes, we do mostly post about the positive things in our lives. There's nothing wrong with that. If you think of this as your family's scrapbook - do you put pictures of the challenges in your scrapbook?

    You are a great mom and good for you for allowing yourself to let go of someone who is a negative influence!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like the kids really had a great time in Arrowhead and it was so much fun to see Mia enjoying the snow....and those icicles were incredible..they were HUGE!!

    I wish I had connections or knew someone who did....that would be a fantastic pick me up for such a sweet little girl:)

    Hope you have a great day!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like it was a blast!! Bet it's fun for you all to have some snow to play in!

    I didn't get a chance to comment yesterday, but I wanted to say that you are so special and don't the let the naysayers get you down. Take it easy!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. It amazes me that you live in SOUTHERN California, yet you live so close to massive amounts of snow! That is the wildest thing I have ever seen. It looks like you guys had a BLAST. I wish I could have been there with you and the kids playing in the snow!!

    I hope you have a great week.

    LA

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute snowbunny. I wish we could just drive up to the mountains for the snow and then back to sunny warm weather. We're done with the snow in Chicago. Come on spring...where are you? Glad the kids had fun. It is really fun and beautiful in small doses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe that you can go only a little ways away and see that much snow from sunny CA. The kids look like they had a blast. That close of pic of Mia in the fur is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pics....Love the icicles. The boys looked like they had a great time!

    I enjoy your blog so much...neg or pos..I agree with the previous comment...we dont always "scrap" the negative days, unfortunately some only see the "glass half empty" all the time!

    Cheers to you for having the "glass half FULL" attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm just loving all this weather us Cali girls are getting! I can't wait to come down next month and play in the snow! Growing up in Baldy has made me miss not living in the snow every winter.

    Looks like a fun weekend was had.

    ReplyDelete