Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Oak Glen

First off let me say how sorry I am for my almost week long absence. The family was plagued by the flu and everyone was finally back to school and well only as of yesterday. Not only were we all sick (with the exception of Mia-- she was fussy but not sick- had a flu shot) but work exploded. It is conference time at the schools so we get a ton of parents requesting special ed testing so things have just been going crazy plus I have had a training today and then tomorrow and I don't even officially work Fridays. Yesterday I had 5 IEP meetings (each about 1 to 1.5 hours each) and literally did not have even enough time to eat. Anyway, we have been going crazy and when I get home at night I just look at the computer and refuse to even go on it. Instead I read the book Twighlight in 2 days of down time. That is how much time I spend on the computer-- when I don't go on, I was able to read a full 500 page + book in 2 days-- crazy! By the way, anyone wanting to read an amazingly awesome book, read Twighlight. It is phenomenal and i could not put it down. I cant wait to see the movie this weekend and then continue on and read the rest of the series. Anyway, sorry for my absence. I rarely have times that stress me out but the last week with the illness and all the work stuff just stressed me way too much and I needed to just stay away from the computer. So, sorry if anyone worried but we are fine and I am now back. I have been a really bad blog friend so please accept my apology for not visiting and commenting on your blogs. You know I love all my bloggy friends a ton and I will be over to visit soon-- SORRY!!!

So, here are some pictures of us at Oak Glen with Kevin's parents, my sister Cassie and my nieces. We went there on Veterans day and I am just now getting the pictures downloaded. It was a nice day and we all had a great time as a family.

This is such a great picture and Don and Mary plan to use it as a Christmas card this year-- just a great picture of all of them.


A different pose but I still like the first one best.


The Bock girls



Kaitlyn and Kylie-- i think their parents will be using this as their Christmas card.




The Bock kids




Daddy and Mia looking at the animals






Mia playing with the checker board in one of the old fashion shops.


Oh the concentration...





The whole group-- minus me of course.
We really had a great day!
I will post Dumont pictures tomorrow and again, sorry for my surprise absence.



18 comments:

  1. Glad you are all feeling better..
    LOVE the pictures..
    Looks like you had such a Great Time..
    Can't wait to see the Dumont pictures..
    I know you had a great time there also..
    Hugs girly..
    I forgive ya.
    You are the best bloggy friend..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so the K girls are your sister's kids, right? Little California girls fore sure!! I was trying to figure out why they were "Bocks" if she was your sister and not Kevin's! See, talk about being under stress!! I have picked up Twilight several times, not knowing if I had the time! I could sure use a few days away from the computer..OR a REALLY long flight to China, perhaps?? LOL!

    Glad to have you back & I love the picks of G-ma and G-pa with all the kids!! (soooo????? Kevin's parents are your sister's grandparents too?) LOL I don't know why I am so confused!! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In addition to your sick family, sounds like work has been super demanding!!

    Glad you were able to take some time away from the computer to get through the book.....I want to read it before I see it in the theatre!

    The pictures of your family are great......looks like everyone will have nice Christmas cards:)


    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Christy

    I love all the family photos...gorgeous - the first is my favorite.

    Hope everyone is one the mend and that work settles once conferences and Thanksgiving hit.

    Thinking of you often (especially when CA was on the news so much with the fires...I thought that is why you needed to take a break). I agree, we all need to slow down with the blogging, I want to read books again!

    Have a great weekend.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara,

    The blonde calfornia looking girls are Kevin's brothers kids. They just are never with us when we have the girls. Kevins parents in the pictures are their grandparents-- my sister just came along with us for the heck of it. So FYI the breakdown is:

    Me, my sister Cassie and my brother brad. Brad has 4 kids (the ones on the farm) and Cassie is single no kids.

    Kevin has one brother Greg and he has 2 kids (blonde girls) and Kevins parents are the ones in the pictures and his mom babysits Mia one day a week while I work.

    I hope that helps-- it helped me typing it :)

    And yes, find the time to read Twiglight. It is awesome-- I cant wait to read the next book in the series and maybe a nice trip to China would be a great time to get that job done :)

    Hugs,

    Christy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back girlfriend!! I'm
    glad your all feeling better
    I just loved all the new photos!!

    Have a great weekend!

    Lots Of Hugs From AZ

    SINDY

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a hoot, sister!! OK. I have ti figured out now (lol!!) I thought you & Cassie had taken the blondes to Disneyland before..I guess I thought they were hers!!

    Thanks for entertaining me :) You are a sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see that you are feeling better. I remember the days of conferences so I can totally relate to what you are saying. Love the pictures, really cute. Someday, we hope to make it to Oak Glen!

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got your email. I did think of you because we are up in Altadena! I will try to call you today!

    I would love to meet you and Mia!!!!

    Blessings,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you're back and feeling well!!! Ahh....sitting back and reading for a nice long time sounds so good to me!!! Now...I don't want to get sick to have to DO it....but it sure would be nice!! :)

    Hope you guys have a healthy, happy weekend!! :)
    Buffi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures for the grandparents holiday cards! Glad you are all getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. glad to know your absence wasn't fire related. Sorry to hear about the flu running through. Hope everyone is well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you're all feeling better. Miss Mia looks so cute in her polka dot jacket. I too have been a bad blogger. When things get crazy that's the first thing I have to put on hold.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you're feeling better! I 've been away from my blog too- had to have my gall bladder taken out last week- and I've gotten out of the swing of it.

    I've been thinkin of reading Twilight, just have not done it, My 15 year old daughter has read it twice in the last week and can't wait to see the movie.

    Hugs,
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wild week! Hope things settle down soon!

    I love the family pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you're feeling better! And I say good for you for actually taking the time off to mend. Welcome back to the land of the living (and immortal ;) I have to read that book.
    Gin =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad you're feeling better. I've been MIA too. Just so much going on. The pictures are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so glad you are all feeling better. :) The pictures of Kevin's parents and the kids turned out so good. It looks like you all had a wonderful time at Oak Glen! I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.

    Hugs, LA

    ReplyDelete