Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Haiti Update June 27, 2010



I am posting pics early because I am leaving to go camping for the night. This is what I've received from Christy so far today. No written update yet, but I imagine she will send one at some point. From the info I received, it sounds like they attended church for 2-3 hours and it was all in Creole (which makes sense of course, but they couldn't understand it at all)! Their services take place outside under a tarp.



Chris wrote that the shortest guy in this group below is their clinic translator, Daniel. She said that this whole group of men were amazing singers. Daniel apparently speaks many languages and the girls just think he is so smart! He cannot afford to attend university, but Chris says that she, Kev, and Laura have plans for their Daniel:):). I can't wait to hear!


Another pic of the men's group below. Chris says that the one in the white shirt is Nixon. He has been translating for them over the weekend. He attends university in Port-au-Prince and studies computer science. She said he is also so smart!


Looks like the beach!:) Nothing written sent with this pic, so not sure of the story yet.


Oh one more pic just came through - she says they took them to a beautiful beach!
Ok that's all I have for now! I will update again tomorrow when I get home from camping. Not sure if Cass or anyone else will post a written update on the blog tonight, but maybe someone will:)

Laila:)

No comments:

Post a Comment