Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Start of the Riding Season--Dumont Dune October 2008

**Just to post this since I have had a few people flame me, Mia's seat belt in the Rhino is buckled, it is just really big on her. While we are riding in the rhino our friends go very slow and are very careful. Also, when Mia was on the quad with her brothers they were literally going at a snails pace within 10 feet of me so I could run over at a moments notice. Hay guys, I want to be able to post pictures of the kids and the activities we do but I don't like being flamed on my own blog. I really do appreciate peoples care and concern but I am not a careless mom and would not put my kids in obvious danger so please keep the negative comments to yourself. I totally understand your concern and I know it comes from a good place, but really, I'm not going to do something stupid and putting my daughter on my sons quad for a picture and then them riding 10 feet from me is not dangerous and I don't need a lecture about helmets-- believe me we have been riding long enough for lectures. Thanks!
Sorry once again for it being such a long time since I have posted. When I got home from work on Thursday night it was a a mad dash to try to get out the door to get going. Kevin would not have been a happy camper if he were to walk in the house in the midst of packing to see me blogging-- oh no that would not have been good! Anyway, we got going pretty late but we finally made it to Dumont and just found a spot and went to bed. The next day was beautiful!! It is still pretty hot out in the desert as it got to probably high 80's during the day but it was clear and sun shinny with just a slight breeze. IT was just beautiful.

Friday day we were there by ourselves but the rest of our group came Friday evening and got there for dinner and camp fire. This trip was a great beginning trip and we look forward to many more this riding season.

On our way out we stopped to get gas and this was Mia in the drivers seat of the RV with me outside taking a picture.


Owen and Mia playing in the sand.


They were having a blast dumping sand on their heads-- ya I loved it too-- NOT!!!


Everyone always says that it would be so hard having a little one in the sand-- they would get so messy and gross. Yes, the messy an gross part it true but they have so much fun!!! They pretty much just dig and play all day long and you hardly know they are there-- WONDERFUL!!



When Mia plays by herself like this she sings to herself forever. She literally sings and sings and sings-- it is very cute!!

Yes Mia is with the boys on the quad but they did not go fast and I was with them the whole time-- don't freak on me :)


Ethan and Mia


Owen and Mia


Owen and Mia --again!



Kind of blurry but I love the face she is making-- mom-get me off of here :)

The whole time I would be making dinner or whatever inside the motor home, Mia would take one of the dish towels and cover Max or Sadie with it-- like a blanket. It was so funny! Onetime She put it on Max head like the Virgin Mary-- I tried to get a picture because it was so funny but he moved too fast.


More Max torture.


We went to the big dunes at one point and had a long ride (15+ min) and Mia totally fell asleep. It is not a smooth ride in fact it is really really bumpy and we jump and do all kinds of things but she just slept through the whole thing. At times I would hold her head hard against the seat just so it would not knock around-- I cant believe she can sleep through that-- wow!!


The was taken at the big dunes once we were there-- totally dead asleep!!




Owen looking cute as can be!! Owen, Kevin and Ethan ride their quads over to the big dunes while Mia and I catch a ride in a Rhino with friends.

Ethan at the big dunes.


My handsome hubby!!! Yes, this is the same bike that he broke his hip on in February 2007-- right before China. What is the saying-- if the horse kicks you off-- get back on-- Kevin kind of lives by that motto!!


My boys!!!

We had a really fun trip. We just finished unpacking and now Kevin is out cleaning the RV. I think our next trip is the week we are off for Thanksgiving-- I think.

Hope you all had a great weekend!!


24 comments:

  1. LOVE the pictures..
    Looks like you had sooo much fun..
    Mia is soooo cute..
    Love the picture of the boys..
    Have a Great Weekend..
    Hugs girly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had a great time. It looks like you need to invest in a helmet for Mia if she will be riding on the quads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will second the helmet and maybe you could buckle her seatbelt also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like everyone had a great weekend! Love the pictures of Mia with the Max! Can't believe she could sleep through all of that either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I see some people are flaming you for your parenting ;=) I am sure you will enjoy that!! I love ya, girl! The picture of your hubs & the boys is very handsome - could Ethan look any more like you?!?! Mia is precious asleep!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun weekend it looks like you all had. Love all the pictures and I can't believe Mia slept though that bumpy ride either...wow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great weekend! I used to LOVE going there as a kid, we went alllll the time! Yet another reason to move back home. Glad you're all home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun weekend you all had! Mia is so precious! Your boys are handsome too. I bet they are so overprotective of Mia.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great weekend!!! I love all the photos and it looks like everyone is enjoying themselves a lot.

    Take Care.

    Linda
    Bruce's mom

    ReplyDelete
  10. This whole weekend looks like so much fun. My husband has a 4-wheeler (not sure how that differs from a quad) and we love to ride it. Except here in AL we ride it through trails in the woods instead of in the desert. I think Blake would love to go riding with your boys. He would be in hog heaven. :) Mia is just too darn cute. I could just pinch those sweet cheeks. Hope you have a great week. Hugs, LA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like some people need to get a life.. they obviously dont' know you.. You would never put your kids in danger..
    HELLO PEOPLE..
    Love ya girly..
    You can put whatever you want..
    Have a Great Week..

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like a lot of fun. I believe if we ever got a chance our family would love to do it!!! LOVE the pics!!!! Your disclaimer made me laugh too. It's terrible we have to say things like that up front, isn't it?!?! Oh well...people are funny!! :0 Have a great week!
    Buffi

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a great mom!!!

    Don't let anonymous get you down!!

    Snick :)
    dd Sunshine 7.5 VN
    dd Brilliance 2.4 China

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry that you are getting some negative feedback on your post, obviously they don't know you very well. We all know what a great and protective momma you are...so don't worry!!! : )

    It look like you had a great time! Every picture is fantastic! Good for Kevin for getting back on the "horse"! : ) What a great moto to live by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know you are a wonderful mommy and I am sorry for people judging when you just wanted to share photos of a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am obviously in the minority when I don't view the post about the helmets as flaming or hateful. People were just pointing out that possibly a buying a helmet for your daughter may be an option. You must have known you would get comments about safety if you had to make a disclaimer in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like lots of fun!! What a great family activity! Have a fun week!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Christy!

    I know we have a lot of bloggy friends in common, so I thought I would come over and say hello!

    Looks like a great trip! Your children are adorable! I cannot believe Mia slept through that....what a sweetie! My son Nick would have a blast with your boys....he would die if he saw them riding their quads....he really wants one!

    Hope you have a great week...I will be back to visit soon!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Chris,

    Looks like you guys had a great time. I'm still in Vegas visiting Michele. I can't believe that you ended up having to write a disclaimer. These people are classic "hand-wringers" and "helicopter moms". Clearly the kind of people surfing the blogs to wag a finger over things they disapprove of, especially since you have proven to be such a "bad" mom over and over again during the last 2 years you've been blogging. Maybe they should focus more on their own family.
    See you at home--Cass :/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute pictures - I love the one of Mia asleep sitting up! Lily will also fall asleep in a snap once we start moving if she's really tired. It looks like you guys had a great weekend! How nice to have Mia so entertained with digging in the sand.

    I'm sure your boys would LOVE the great wolf lodge! I think there is one on the west coast somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  21. People people people!! I understand the idea of buying Mia a helmet and we do plan to but at this point we really just have not had the need to. To put her on a quad just to take a picture and do a 10 foot lap around me does not warrent spending $100 for a helmet and good luck keeping it on. Im not saying this to be rude, I am jsut saying this to point out that we are not stupid and would not put Mia in harms way. That is why in the disclaimer I said I know your comments come from a good place and that it is only becuase of the concern you have that some of you make these comments, but know-- I KNOW~!!! Trust me a bit and when it comes time that we need to put a helmet on Mia-- we will!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute pics!

    We do the same with our kiddos with them riding the RTV/tractor and even our farm equipment! I understand how you feel, trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Christy - I have been a baaaadd blogger, so this is the first I have had a chance to stop in and catch up -- this trip looks like a blast. My big brother and his friends ahd quads for a long time - I love the gear the boys have on, they look so Star Wars, don' they? Too cute. And Mia, the girl is growing like a weed!! She is precious. What a cutie. Read all the prayer requests and how is everybody faring two weeks out?

    Enjoy those riding weekends...all too soont he boys will be big and off on their own:(

    Have a great day.
    Hugs,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete