Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

GOTCHA VIDEO!!!!

Well, I finally figured out what was up with uploading my videos and now they are up. I am trying to do this post before Emery wakes up so I have not watched the videos yet, hence the reason there are so many of them, but I don't have the time right now to watch through it all. So, excuse the gratuitous volume of footage and please also excuse my boobs-- very poor choice of dress to wear while holding a child-- I guess I will learn- hay its been 5 years since I have done the baby thing:)

As an update, we hung in the room for a while and Emery played and got to know us better. We skyped with the boys and Kevin's parents and then my parents and my sister. Emery is slowly opening up. We went to lunch-- late lunch- after we played in the room and she loved to play with her food and we realized she is very organized. She loved to sort thing- hard to explain but we were shocked she was doing it. Also, we went to walmart and she LOVED it!!! WE really saw her open up and yes, she can pretty much walk alone but rather run with one hand held. She was hilarious! Literally running around Walmart with me holding her hand. She seems very much on developmental target. She was running down and isle and then she reached up for me to hold her and she was asleep in about 1 min. She has been asleep since and its been at least 2 hours. We normally would not let her sleep this long but she has had a hard day and she is really tired so we are going to let her sleep until I'm done posting this and then wake her up and go grab some dinner.

Anyway, enjoy the video and if it is too much to watch, just skip it.

More to come soon!!!



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing
This was really the only time she cried

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing
See how she just clung to us! She was clearly scared.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing
A very long video of Emery eating-- sorry not too exciting :)

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...she is adorable!!!! I woke up at 5:15 AM thinking about you guys & got right on the blog to check for an update. I am so glad to see she is bonding & doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears of joy for you!!!!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is just precious and oh, so tiny. Praying for good bonding time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tears! So excited! She is SO precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a little sweet heart! We're all following along on our DTC Winter group! We'll be praying for you guys!

    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations! so so sweet! so so happy for you! the timing was perfect after all... :). we leave ourselves in a week and a half. our best to you- paige

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! Emery is so amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!! You have eric as your guide, tell him we said hello! He will remember us b/c I was crazy about the carpet at the hotel being too gross!!
    I remember to this day him playfully saying 'ni hao chun xio!' every morning. Emma just loved that and I did it for weeks when we got home.

    Ask eric to send you the american shopping area of kunming. It is walkable from the hotel and a great place to people watch. There is also a restaurant that is famous for their red bean meal. It is off of green park and also walkable.

    I hope you are adjusting well! It is great to hear she is walking and it is probably good she was scared today. Emma laughed the entire day and I think it was really highlighting that she had been moved around and just wanted the attention more then anything else.

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big ole happy tears here! I am so, SO happy for you guys! SO happy! Congratulations!!! We are keeping you in our prayers for a smooth transition and safe travels. Much love to all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! She is just adorable! I am sooo excited for your family!

    ReplyDelete